Home Page -
Know Your Aircraft -
Registration Information -
All About Us|
Send us an Email! -
Our Favorite Links
Know Your Aircraft v1.0 first released:
KYAW1-0.EXE v1.0000.0000 (v1.0) 6/1/93
Know Your Aircraft 5.0 & latest features and bug fixes:
KYAW1-0.EXE v5.1000.0000 - May, 2002:
* Aircraft databases can now be downloaded from the DODDger Software LLC Website.
* Ability to upload the databases you have created for sharing with other pilots.
* Ability to register online, view DODDger Software LLC Website, and check for new upgrades.
* Questions and answers may now be added, deleted, or easily changed right on the quizzing screen. Much easier to create questions and answers than with previous versions!
* Quizzing screen may now be resized, even to full screen!
* While quizzing, you may go to the next, previous, first, or last question.
* While quizzing, you may search for a specific question.
* While quizzing, you may mark a question as weak for later review.
* While quizzing, you may mark a question for printing for review away from the computer.
* While quizzing, you may mark a question for TestMaker to create written tests.
* Quizzing may be done via selected systems, all systems, or randomly.
* True 32 bit Windows program. However, Know Your Aircraft v5.0 & later will no longer
work with Windows 3.1 or earlier.
* When re-installing or upgrading to v5.0 & later, does not reset the selected aircraft to #1SAMPLE.
* Fixed some problems with fonts and screen size for various Windows configurations.
* The program must be installed to a directory (folder) whose name contains no more than
Know Your Aircraft 5.1 changes:
KYAW1-0.EXE v5.1000.0001 - 8/19/02:
*Grayed out the "X" on the quizzing screen. In v5.0 when you would click on the "X" it would make the
program disappear but still show up in memory so if you tried restarting KYA, then would get message that
the program is already running. So only way out of KYA was Ctrl-Alt-Del the program.
*Added a black line below the YES/NO/SEE ANSWER/EXIT buttons.
*Added a few comments in the GO TO Q/A #: goto box.
*Print Menu: Gave the unregistered mode of KYA the ability to print 5 questions answers.
Know Your Aircraft 5.1.2 changes:
KYAW1-0.EXE v5.1000.0002 (v5.1.2) 1/1/03
Fixed the following items by taking the Search button's focus away after using:
*If the search feature was used, then for the rest of that quizzing session, should you try to edit a question and answer you cannot press enter to move a line of text down.
*If the search feature was used, then for the rest of that quizzing session, should you try to edit a question and answer the change may or may not be saved depending on what button you click on next.
*If the search feature was used, then for the rest of that quizzing session, should you mark a question for printing, or for weak, or for testmaker, the question may or may not be actually marked.
*When clicking on YES, the question is automatically unmarked as weak.
*Noted on YES button that Q/A is unmarked as weak.
*Noted on NO button that Q/A is marked as weak.
*Resized the YES, NO, and SEE ANSWER buttons.
*When a Q/A is Marked as Weak: Q/A text is displayed in yellow and a textbox states, "This Q/A is Marked as Weak"
*Renamed "Mark as Weak" button to "Marked as Weak".
*Renamed "Mark for Printing" button to "Marked for Printing".
*Renamed "Mark for TestMaker" button to "Marked for TestMaker".
Know Your Aircraft 5.1.3 changes:
KYAW1-0.EXE v5.1000.0003 (v5.1.3) 2/12/03
In v5.1.2's quizzing screen, if you clicked on "INSERT Q/A" and added a question, then clicked on "Save and Resume Quizzing" the question and answer that you inserted would be added twice overwriting the question that preceeded the inserted question. v5.1.3 fixes this bug.
Know Your Aircraft 5.4 changes:
KYAW1-0.EXE v5.4000.0000 (v5.4) 12/21/08
In v5.4, Minor format changes applied. Know Your Aircraft was changed to a fully functional program with no need to register.
However, donations are appreciated!
Know Your Aircraft 5.4.1 changes:
KYAW1-0.EXE v5.4000.0001 (v5.4.1) 3/31/09
In v5.4.1, Know Your Aircraft setup routine was changed to install under Windows Vista. Also the file uncompression technique was changed.
Back to Home Page